We’re Mowing “GREEN“
COVID-19 Update – In order to limit contact with our customers, scheduling and payment of services can all be done electronically. We wish you the best during this difficult time.
~ Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to visit my site. I know that your time is valuable, which is why you are most likely searching for lawn care maintenance. Finding a professional who you can rely on to provide great services is not easy.
I am confident in my ability to meet your specific lawn care needs. My primary commitment is to provide services at a reasonable cost, ensure the process of signing up is hassle free, and to retain your business.
Continue to explore my site further to get information on the services I provide.
Scott’s Lawn Maintenance in Bend, Oregon provides quality service at an affordable cost and proudly serves the cities of Bend and Sunriver.
What Sets My Services Apart?
In comparison to many lawn maintenance services, I choose to use battery operated lawn equipment.
According to the EPA:
- Gas powered mowers produce about 5% of the countries air pollution. One mower emits about 88 lbs. of C02 every year.
- One gas powered lawn mower being used for one hour, produces emissions that equate to the air pollution of eleven cars each being driven for an hour!
- Approximately 17 million gallons of gas are spilled annually, when mowers and other garden equipment are refueled. Which is more than was spilled by the Exxon Valdez!
The use of battery or electric mowers don’t totally eliminate pollution, but they do eliminate gas spills and damage to the heart, lungs, and immune system. I take pride in offering services that take the environment into consideration. Not only do I use battery powered lawn equipment, but I also offer mulching in my lawn maintenance services that help decrease the amount of clippings that go into the landfill.
If you sign up for my monthly lawn maintenance service or the Mow and Go package, you can opt for mulching services.
Lawn clippings are cut into fine pieces and are broken down by microorganisms in the soil. This then releases nutrients back into the soil.
- Adding this to your lawn care enhances the health of your lawn, which reduces moisture evaporation.
- Mulch clippings can provide fertilization to your lawn, since clippings are composed of water and nitrogen.
- The mulching of lawn clippings is also good for the environment.
- If you choose to mulch, this is one less batch of clippings going into the landfill. Per the EPA, yard trimmings make up approximately 13% our national waste. Grass clippings account for 2/3 of all yard waste!